These are the most frequently questions about How to get Reviews on Amazon , in this post we will answer them one by one!
How can I get my first review?
Why amazon have deleted my reviews, what can I do?
How can I get more volume of reviews?
How improve my reviews’ average ?
How Can I manage the automation of reviews?
Reviews are one of the most important points in online sales and the success of selling on Amazon is related to your customers trust, a value that we can reinforce directly thanks to reviews.
Shoppers trust Amazon. If your products have good reviews, people definitely will buy. The way how to get reviews on amazon is not easy. To begin with, you must have a great product, you need to be confident about it, the client must get what you promised before. This is the real value of your product so make sure your product is the best.
- Your product must be DISCOVERABLE. People must be able to find it.
- Your product must be DESIRABLE. How many people will want your products between thousands?
Moreover, a lot of sellers are obsessed with the number of reviews, You don’t need 300 reviews, if people see 10 or 15 reviews and all of them are 5 stars, they will probably buy your product if you differentiated it well.
Review is not what makes them buy the product, it just help them to buy it. What makes them buy the product is how good it is.
If you think you already have a good product, keep reading, if not, I recommend you to start offering a quality product before worrying about other things.
In Epinium we want to ensure that sellers & vendors know all the tools at their disposal to increase their sales, so apart from reading our posts we strongly recommend you to use our platform!
Let’s start answering the most frequently question about how to get reviews on amazon
How can i get my first review?
Firsts reviews are the hardest because there is not sort of proof yet but don’t worry so much because once some buyers will start to leave the firsts ones , it will lead to a snowball effect and then is when you will see you reviews start to increase.
In Epinium we don’t recommend you to buy reviews or get fake. Try to really get honest reviews.
Obtain organic reviews is the best you can do. Here you have all the possibilities to get your first review.
- Go to amazon top reviewers list and offer a free product to them
- You can use Amazon’s Early Reviewer Program
- Run PPC Campaign to show your product in the first page
- Do Amazon Giveaways
- You can tuck in a nice note with their purchase thanking them for buying but. You CANNOT ask for a Review or a Feedback. You cannot offer any incentive to leave a feedback or review. This is against policy! It is strictly prohibited and your account can be suspended. Please review Amazon’s policy .
Here you have two possibilities more
· Asking your friends and family for help
Epinium would advise against this practice very strongly. Amazon knows if you have Facebook friends that buys your products and leave reviews. We do not know how but they find it out. But We’ve been told by many people to avoid that. Even if you have ever shared a Wi-Fi connection with someone or on the same device as someone Amazon can catch you.
Also, reviews from the same location at the same time is very suspicious. So, be very careful and make sure you have no personal connections to that person if you do that.
- Facebook groups: Facebook is plenty of those groups, even country by country.
Were recommend to Get out of those review groups. There are Amazon staff members in those groups finding people who are looking for reviews and trying to break Terms of Service so you risk losing your reviews, being suspended or even banned.
And, obviously, don’t share the direct link to your products in those groups/friends or even privately! To do it in a good way your product must be find it by search terms.
Why Amazon have deleted my Reviews, what Can i Do?
There are three important rules about amazon reviews:
- You may not provide compensation including free or discounted products for review.
- You may not send Review solicitations that ask for only positive reviews. Is forbidden to offer compensations as well.
- You may not ask buyers to modify or remove reviews
Probably Amazon have deleted your reviews because you were against one of these rules. Moreover, we give you more useful information about it.
- Amazon uses a robotic program to wipe these out based on an algorithm that they use to clean it up as much as possible. Sometimes they spot-on and unfortunately, they are completely wrong and it is unfair to sellers who are not even doing anything wrong.
- It seems there is a static number of reviews that you can get per day and if you get reviews too quickly that can result in your reviews being removed or blocked.
- If you get more than 3 unverified reviews a day that can lead to a product review block. Review block mean that customers cannot leave reviews on your product for 3-7 days.
If Amazon have deleted your reviews… Do not start complaining. Don’t worry, if this happens to you means that is also happening to more shoppers. So, you can overcome it and you can take advantage of it, think about it, probably the competence suffers the same.
Once you know why amazon have deleted your reviews, let’s continue with the next frequently asked question about how to get reviews on amazon.
How Can i get more volume of Reviews?
- Do follow-up email campaigns. Check out softwares like Jumpsend. There are many different options out there. (Make sure when you are sending out these email campaigns that you are just requesting an honest review and you are not asking for a positive feedback or trying to manipulate the system in any way. )
- Thank you cards inserted in your packaging. (is a a differentiator compared to competitors, increasing perceived product value & overall customer experience, higher rate of positive product reviews, and overall increased sales)
- Run Coupon codes, probably you will have to sell your product with a 90% discount but you will get a lot of quickly sales and you will rank fast in amazon listing.
How improve my reviews’ average ?
- Improving your services and your product as much as you can.
Try to check every negative review and the reason why the costume wrote that about your product features and your services as well. Use this data to improve and the costumer will not have reason for leaving you more negative reviews.
- You can delete your negative reviews but Amazon will remove feedback only in the following cases:
- The feedback includes words commonly understood to be obscene or profane.
- The feedback includes seller-specific, personally identifiable information, including e-mail addresses, full names, or telephone numbers.
- The entire feedback comment is a product review. For example: “The Acme Super-Widget lacks the sharpness and speed of the Acme Ultra Widget.”
- The entire feedback comment is regarding fulfillment or customer service for an order fulfilled by Amazon. Feedback reviewed and determined to be relating explicitly to fulfillment and customer service for an order fulfilled by Amazon will not be removed, but a line will appear through the rating with the following statement: This item was fulfilled by Amazon, and we take responsibility for this fulfillment experience.
However, if the feedback comment is only a part of a product review but also contains feedback about the seller’s service, this feedback would not be removed. For example:
“Seller’s shipping service was very slow, and the Acme Super-Widget lacks the sharpness and speed of the Acme Ultra Widget.”
Amazon strongly suggest that you work with buyers to resolve negative feedback. Buyers can update their feedback on a seller transaction at any time within 60 calendar days from the date they originally left the feedback. They can do this one time for every seller transaction.
To learn more, see About the Feedback Manager.
How can i manage the automation of reviews?
Automate your strategy selling your products with promotion and intelligent targeted emails campaigns is one of the best things you can do to get more sales, get more reviews and increase your organic ranking.
There are a large number of tools that will help you on setting up and sending your follow-up sequences, the most popular is Jumpsend.
Basically, is a sequence of 3 automate emails.
How to get reviews on Amazon Email sequence example:
- Email #1: Purchase Confirmation: The Confirmation Email “out for delivery”
Thank them, be helpful and ask for seller feedback.
- Email #2: Purchase Follow-Up : The 2 Days After Delivery
Make sure they got the product right, help them with any problem they may have, and ask for a review.
- Email #3: Product Review: 7 Days After Delivery
Help them with any problem they may have and ask for a review.
Get a Product Content Audit for free!
After leaving do not forget to check our most popular free resources to improve your knowledge.
Hope we have helped in your way to success with our extensive post about How to get reviews on Amazon . Please do not hesitate to comment below your doubts!