Whether you are one of our freemium users or one of our largest customers, we deeply value the trust you have placed in us using Epinium and want to say “thank you” for it.
At Epinium we work to offer the user the best possible experience through its products and services. In some cases, it is necessary to collect information to achieve this.
Therefore, and for the purposes of the provisions of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of April 27, 2016 (hereinafter, “GDPR”) regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of these data, and Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (hereinafter, “LSSI”), Epinium SL informs the user that, as data controller, it will incorporate the personal data provided by users in an automated file.
2. RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TREATMENT
Epinium S.L. (hereinafter, “Epinium” or the “Company“) is the company that created this website, as well as the person responsible for the processing of personal data that the user shares with us. The following is the general information of the Company:
- Epinium SL
- Carrer d’Ernest Lluch 32 TCM2 2.17
- 08302, Mataró
- +34 (93) 151-2830
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND ITS TREATMENT
The personal data that can be processed on the website is indicated below, as well as the legal basis that justifies such data processing.
- “Contact us” form. To manage said form, data such as name and surname, email, telephone and the text of the message that is optional will be processed.
- “7 days Free Trial” registration: In order to manage the registration of the platform in free trial mode, personal data such as name and surname, telephone number, email and password will be processed. There is the option of registering, through providers such as Google, Facebook, whose personal data will be processed by them.
- Commercial communications. In order to manage any commercial communication and/or subscription to the newsletter of Epinium’s products and services, email will be processed, as well as any other personal data that is required to manage said processing.
- Customer and/or User Service through instant messaging. To manage any type of support in case of doubts regarding the services offered, data such as email will be processed, as well as any other information that you decide to communicate through the enabled chat.
- “Work with us” form. To manage any job application, your data such as name and surname, email, telephone number, curriculum vitae, as well as, optionally, your photograph, will be processed. There is the option of managing your application through the providers Linkedin and Indeed, whose personal data will be processed by them.
4. LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
The legal basis that justifies the processing of the aforementioned data is:
- Consent of the interested party for the demo request forms, registrations in newsletters, to manage the applied applications, registration in the webinars, user service in the chat and the treatment of optional cookies accepted by the user.
- Compliance with legal obligations for fraud prevention, communication with public authorities and third party claims.
5. PRESERVATION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data is only kept for the time necessary for the purposes for which it was collected with your express consent, to meet your needs or to comply with legal obligations.
To determine how long Personal Data is retained, the following criteria are used:
- Personal Data obtained when contacting Epinium in relation to a query or request: during the time necessary to resolve the query.
- Personal Data obtained when giving consent to send communications or because it is necessary in compliance with regulations: until the end of the period for which it has been requested.
Some of the Personal Data may be retained to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, as well as to administer Epinium’s rights (for example, to file lawsuits in court) or for statistical or historical purposes.
Once the periods of conservation of your Personal Data by legal mandate have elapsed, Epinium will proceed to eliminate them from the systems and records or anonymize them so that the user can no longer be identified.
Epinium has a Data Retention Policy. For more information, please contact via email email@example.com.
6. RECIPIENTS TO WHOM YOUR DATA IS COMMUNICATED
In some cases, only when necessary, Epinium will provide user data to third parties. However, the data will never be sold to third parties. The external service providers that Epinium has to provide auxiliary services for data processing may have access to these in accordance with the instructions indicated by Epinium and with the sole purpose of correctly executing the contractual relationship that exists between Epinium and its suppliers.
To obtain information regarding the providers that access your personal data, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Epinium seeks to ensure the security of personal data when it is sent outside of the company and ensures that third party service providers respect confidentiality and have adequate measures in place to protect personal data. These third parties have the obligation to guarantee that the information is treated in accordance with the regulations on data privacy. In order to comply with these safeguards, Epinium signs data processor contracts with said providers in accordance with article 28 of the GDPR.
In some cases, the law may require that personal data be disclosed to public bodies or other parties, only what is strictly necessary to comply with such legal obligations will be disclosed.
7. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In general, the data is stored within the EU. However, in the event that the processing of your data means an international transfer of data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Epinium undertakes to implement the necessary security measures to ensure an adequate level of safeguarding of said transfers through contracts. of treatment managers and, where appropriate, will ensure that they offer an adequate level of protection, either because they have Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) or because we have subscribed to the model clauses of the European Commission. For more information about service providers, contact the following email: email@example.com.
8. EXERCISE OF RIGHTS AND HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE THEM
You can direct your communications and exercise your rights by means of a request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to information: you can request information about the personal data that is available about you.
- Right of rectification: you can communicate any change in your personal data.
- Right of deletion and to be forgotten: you can request the prior blocking of the deletion of personal data.
- Right to limitation of treatment: it is about restricting the treatment of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: in some cases, you can request a copy of the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for transmission to another data controller.
- Right of opposition and automated individual decision-making: you can request that decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produce legal effects or significantly affect the interested party, are not made.
In some cases, the request may be denied if you request that the data necessary to comply with legal obligations be deleted. Likewise, if you have a complaint about data processing, you can file a claim with the competent data protection authority (Spanish Agency for Data Protection or “AEPD”).
9. RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY AND VERACITY OF THE DATA PROVIDED
The user is solely responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data included, exonerating Epinium from any responsibility in this regard. Users guarantee and are responsible, in any case, for the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal data provided, and undertake to keep them duly updated. The user undertakes to provide complete and correct information in the registration or subscription form. Epinium reserves the right to terminate the services contracted with the users, in the event that the data provided is false, incomplete, inaccurate or not updated.
Epinium is not responsible for the veracity of the information that is not of its own elaboration and for which another source is indicated, for which reason it does not assume any responsibility regarding hypothetical damages that could be caused by the use of said information.
Epinium reserves the right to update, modify or delete the information contained in its web pages and may even limit or not allow access to said information to Epinium of the plaintiffs are exonerated.
10. SECURITY MEASURES APPLIED TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Epinium has adopted the legally required personal data protection security levels, and tries to install those other means and additional technical measures at its disposal to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of personal data provided to Epinium .
Epinium is not responsible for hypothetical damages that may arise from interference, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone breakdowns or disconnections in the operation of this electronic system, due to causes beyond Epinium’s control, delays or blockages in the use of this electronic system caused by deficiencies or overloads of telephone lines or overloads in the Data Processing Center, in the Internet system or in other electronic systems, as well as the damages that may be caused by third parties through illegitimate interference beyond the control of Epinium. However, the user must be aware that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
In particular, the website is secured with a TLS certificate with RSA encryption, which means that all information sent to the website is encrypted with an HTTPS protocol.
11. EU EPINIUM DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT
If you are in the European Union, you may want to sign a Data Processing Agreement with Epinium. We will be happy to do it. Working with external consultants in Germany and Malta, we have updated this document to be compliant with the GDPR and other generally accepted privacy laws. You can review and digitally sign a copy of the Data Processing Agreement. We will endorse it and provide you with a fully executed downloadable copy via email within 2 business days.
If you have any questions about your content, simply email email@example.com with a detailed description of your concerns. We will do our best to resolve such issues as soon as possible.