Once we talked about Amazon title to optimize SEO in our last post, is time to show you How to write Effective Amazon Bullet Points, take attention!
Amazon Bullet Points are short phrases that collect the main characteristics of a product and it are shown on the Product Detail Page, just below the product name and price, and therefore in a very relevant position.
The client should be able to understand what the product is, or what it does, based on your relevant keywords relating to product use, benefits and material type. But be careful! Any information not directly relevant to that particular product, can make the customer reject the purchase of it.
Relevant keywords: According to your keywords research counting with the Amazon algorism and after you already made your perfect title, Try to fit the keywords in Amazon bullet points in a natural, easy reading way, to maximize users comfort and attraction while they are looking your Product Detail Page.
Benefits : You should try to solve your customer’s problems saying what benefits these features are actually offering , answering why do these features matter?
Dimensions & Material type: Ensure to put all the Information about the dimensions and contents of the package . Is good to write the benefits of the material type as well, but always information directly relevant.
Every previous point have something in common: More Sales, because if…
…You Get customer attention you will have More probabilities to sell this product
…You Increase your Click-Through Rate More people will buy your product when they see it
…You Improve Amazon SEO you will have More probabilities to Rank in page 1
…You Produce brand recognition you will get the Ability of the consumers to correctly differentiate the brand when they come into contact with it
As in every post, Epinium gives you the guidelines to help you optimizing your product, in this case focusing on your perfect Amazon bullet points.
- ✓ Enter descriptive and relevant information
- ✓ Write naturally and do not use automatic translators
- ✓ Includes a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 Bullet Points. The optimal number of Bullet Points is 5, since it has been shown to be the number that best attracts the attention of the clients
- ✓ Describes the most important characteristics of the product
- ✓ Includes the dimensions of the product when is relevant
- ✓ Start each Bullet Point with a capital letter – Write the numbers as numbers (“2” instead of “two”)
- ✓ Use abbreviations for units of measure, such as “cm”
- ✓ Check the grammar and spelling of the text
- ✓ Write in third person
- ✓ Write concisely and easy to understand
- ✓ Includes interesting information that can not be included in the attributes
- ✓ Concentrate on the product, not the brand or manufacturer
- ✓ Includes a last bullet point with information about the contents of the package, when it’s relevant, starting with: “Package content: …”
- x Feel obligated to write 5 Bullet Points. Because 3 Good ones are better than 5 bad ones.
- x Use punctuation at the end of each Bullet Point (like points or exclamations)
- x Include only information that is already in the technical specifications of the product
- x Include subjective ratings or temporary information (like (eg “high quality” or “the latest in”)
- x Include specific details such as price, promotions or shipping information
- x Use HTML or special characters that are not on a standard keyboard (like ®, ©, ™)
- x Write extremely short Bullet Points
- x Write in the first person
- x Write in a commercial tone
- x Put a simply list of keywords
- x Add duplicate information
- x Include temporary expressions, such as “now”, “new”, “last”, etc.
- x Include information about prizes, copyrights, mentions to competitors, environmental statements or appointments.
- x Include less than 3 or more than 7 Bullet Points. Less than 3 would not show information enough and more than 7 could be too dense for the user.
Table 1. Amazon bullet points recommendations
Safe time in this process with our platform where Amazon sellers can save 60% of time optimizing product detail pages, be 50% more effective following Amazon Style Guides and increase 30% of their sales. We have an Amazon Bullet Points optimizer inside! Take advantage of it.