With millions of users and a growing catalogue of products, Amazon is an ideal platform for sellers looking to reach a wider audience and increase their sales. However, with so much competition, standing out on Amazon can be a challenge.
What is Amazon Retail media?
This is where Amazon Retail Media comes in, a tool designed specifically for sellers who want to promote their products on Amazon’s platform. Through this tool, sellers can create customised ads and promotions for their products in order to stand out from the competition and reach more customers.
Why is it so important?
Amazon Retail Media is essential for brands that want to stand out from their competition.
It allows brands to reach the right customers and personalise their advertising messages for better results.
It also provides real-time data and integrates seamlessly with other Amazon services, simplifying the management of advertising campaigns.
Amazon Retail Media is therefore a powerful tool that transforms the way brands interact with consumers, increasing their visibility and sales in the Marketplace.
How does Amazon Retail Media work?
Amazon Retail Media is an advertising platform that allows Amazon sellers to promote their products on Amazon. This tool is based on targeted advertising, which means that ads will be shown to users who are most likely to be interested in the product in question.
Sellers can create ads of different types, such as display ads, search ads and video ads. They can also segment their audience based on different criteria, such as age, gender, geographic location and interests.
In addition, Amazon Retail Media offers different tools to measure the success of advertising campaigns. Marketers can view metrics such as number of impressions, number of clicks and return on investment, allowing them to adjust their advertising strategy in real time.
Benefits of Amazon Retail Media
The Amazon Retail Media programme offers several advantages for brands looking to sell on Amazon’s platform.
1. Increased product visibility
One of the main benefits is increased product visibility. By using the programme, brands can create customised advertising campaigns and ads that appear in different sections of the platform, including the search results page, the product detail page, the “related products” section and the “sponsored products” section.
This helps brands increase the visibility of their products and increase the chances of being seen by customers.
2. Customer experience
Another important benefit is the improvement of the customer experience. The programme allows brands to customise their advertising to reach their target audience and offer a personalised experience for customers.
This helps brands to increase customer loyalty and improve the performance of their advertising campaigns.
3. Precise targeting
Amazon Retail Media offers a wide range of targeting options that allow sellers to reach specific customers based on factors such as age, gender, interests and past buying behaviour.
This means that sellers can focus their advertising efforts on potential customers who are more likely to be interested in their products, increasing the likelihood that they will become buyers.
4. Increase sales
Finally, the programme also allows brands to increase sales. By increasing product visibility and improving the customer experience, brands can increase their reach and convert more visits into sales.
In addition, the programme allows brands to measure the performance of their advertising campaigns and adjust them accordingly to maximise their results.
5. Real-time data analysis
As discussed in the previous point, Amazon Retail Media provides marketers with a wealth of real-time data on the performance of their ad campaigns. This includes information on the number of clicks, cost per click, conversions and ROI.
Sellers can use this information to adjust their ad campaigns in real time and improve their performance.
Amazon is one of the most popular online shopping sites in the world, with millions of active users every day.
This means that sellers using Amazon Retail Media can reach a very wide and diverse audience. In addition, Amazon uses customised recommendation algorithms to show relevant products to customers, which further increases the likelihood that sellers’ products will be shown to potential customers.
It also allows marketers to control their advertising budgets and set competitive bids.
Sellers only pay for ads that receive clicks, which means they can closely control the cost of their advertising campaigns and maximise their return on investment.
8. Integration with other Amazon services
Finally, Amazon Retail Media integrates seamlessly with other Amazon services, such as Amazon Seller Central and Amazon Web Services. This means that sellers can manage their ad campaigns and sales on Amazon in one place, making the experience more seamless and user-friendly. How do I get started? The Amazon Retail Media programme is easy to use and allows brands to create customised advertising campaigns to promote their products on Amazon’s platform. Below are the steps to create a campaign:
- Create an account: To use the programme, it is necessary to create an account with Amazon Advertising. This account is free and allows brands to access Amazon’s advertising tools.
- Select the products to promote: Once the account is created, brands can select the products they wish to promote on the platform. It is important to choose products that are relevant to the target audience and have a good sales performance.
- Create ad campaigns: Brands can create ad campaigns for different sections of the platform, such as the search results page, the product detail page, the “related products” section and the “sponsored products” section.
- Measuring performance: Once ad campaigns have been created, brands can measure the performance of their campaigns. This includes the number of impressions, clicks, conversions and cost per conversion.
- Adjust campaigns: With the information gathered, brands can adjust their ad campaigns to maximise performance.
With Amazon Retail Media, brands have a great reach and a great opportunity to increase their sales on Amazon. It is important to note that there are certain requirements to use the programme, such as having an inventory of products on Amazon and complying with Amazon Retail Media’s terms and conditions.
Strategies to maximise performance
To maximise the performance of the Amazon Retail Media programme, there are a number of strategies that brands can use. Some of the most important ones are described below:
- Use of effective keywords: Using relevant and effective keywords is essential to increase the visibility of products on the Amazon platform. It is important to choose keywords that are relevant to the product and that are used by customers in their searches.
- Use of attractive images: Images are an important part of advertising on Amazon. It is important to use attractive, high quality images that catch the attention of customers and help them to better understand the product.
- Audience segmentation: It is important to segment the target audience to create personalised advertising campaigns. This allows brands to reach their target audience at the right time and deliver a personalised customer experience.
- Use product sponsorship campaigns: Product sponsorship is an excellent way to increase product visibility and boost sales. By sponsoring a product, brands can appear at the top of search results and increase the likelihood of being seen by customers.
- Monitor and analyse results: It is important to monitor and analyse the results of advertising campaigns in order to adjust and improve them based on the results. Using data tracking and analysis tools will help brands to identify the campaigns that work best and adjust them for better results.
What is a retailer?
A retailer, in simple terms, is a company that specialises in selling products or services directly to the end consumer. These retailers may operate through different channels, including physical shops, online platforms or a combination of both to satisfy the shopping preferences of their customers.
Examples of Retail Media
- Amazon: A prime example of an online retailer, also known as a “Pure Player”. Amazon offers a vast range of products through its online platform, which has transformed the way we shop.
- Lidl: Lidl exemplifies a “Clicks&Bricks” retailer, as it operates both physical shops and an online platform. This gives consumers the flexibility to choose between shopping online or in a physical shop.
Classification of Retailers
Retailers can be classified according to two main criteria:
According to the Distribution (Store) Model:
- Pure Players: These retailers focus exclusively on operating online, such as Amazon, a leader in e-commerce.
- Clicks&Bricks: “Clicks&Bricks” retailers maintain a presence both online and in physical shops, such as Carrefour, which combines the convenience of e-commerce with the traditional in-store shopping experience.
According to the development of their operation:
- Own Operation: these retailers manage all stages of the business in-house.
- Marketplaces: Retailers of this type combine their own business with the possibility for other sellers, known as “sellers,” to offer products on their platform. This broadens the variety of products available to consumers.
Benefits for Brands
- Increased Product Visibility with Listing Optimisation: Your brand will experience a significant increase in the visibility of your products. This translates into increased exposure to marketplace users.
- Contextualisation with Related Products: Your products will be presented in relevant contexts alongside other related products. This encourages user interaction with your brand and increases the likelihood of purchase.
- Amazon Ads Managment: The platform enables the optimisation of your advertising spend, ensuring efficient use of your resources. In addition, it offers the automation of advertising processes for a more effective management of your campaigns.
- Independence from third-party cookies: By using the marketplace’s own data, your brand will not depend on third-party cookies. This guarantees greater security and control over your customer information and advertising campaigns.
The Secrets to Success in Amazon Retail Media
1. The Fundamental Role of Retail Media on Amazon
Amazon’s search optimisation algorithm is based on “sales velocity”, which places products with the highest number of sales at the top of the search results. However, for products to sell, they must stand out from Amazon’s vast catalogue of over 250 million products. This makes investment in retail media essential for brands wishing to increase their visibility and sales on Amazon.
2. Customer-focused approach
When Amazon launches a retail media campaign, two criteria guide how the message is delivered to the target audience: budget and relevance of the content. Relevance is critical, as Amazon seeks to offer the user the product that best matches their search. This is evaluated based on elements such as product description, image quality, customer reviews and product availability.
3. Data to provide accurate targeting
It also has an impressive amount of data thanks to its status as the world’s largest online retailer. It uses this data to provide brands with truly relevant targeting methods, such as keyword targeting, similar products and the geographic location of users.
4. Wide variety of formats
It also understands that every brand has its own objectives when launching an activation campaign. Therefore, it offers a wide range of advertising formats, from sponsored product ads to coupons and sponsored brand ads. This allows brands to choose the option that best suits their specific needs.
5. Real-time Campaign Performance Measurement and Optimisation
Amazon has developed a reporting interface that allows brands to monitor the results of their campaigns and measure their impact in real-time. This includes metrics such as impressions, clicks, spend and ROI. Brands can continuously optimise their campaigns to achieve optimal performance.
In short, Amazon Retail Media offers great flexibility and customisation, making it an excellent choice for brands looking to increase their visibility and sales on Amazon. Amazon Retail Media is not just a choice; it represents an effective path to increased sales on the world’s largest marketplace.
Save time in this process with our platform where Amazon sellers can save 60% time optimizing product detail pages, be 50% more effective following Amazon’s Style Guides and increase their sales by 30%. Get a free audit and start optimizing your listings now! Take advantage of it.